Welcome to Delta Health Center, Inc.! We are glad that you have chosen to partner with us for your health care needs. Please take a moment to review patients’ rights and responsibilities.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- be an active participant in your health care and treatment
- know the names of the health care providers caring for you
- a private and safe setting
- be treated with respect and dignity
- be informed about your illness and treatment, including options for your care
- change medical providers at Delta Health Center, Inc.
- seek other opinions about your illness or treatment
- confidentiality of your health records
- address any concerns, problems, or questions about your care to the clinic manager
- know about services available through DHC
- respect for your cultural, social, spiritual and personal values and beliefs
- know about permissible reporting requirements
- request special arrangements if you have a disability
- ask for assistance with a living will or durable power of attorney for health care
- refuse treatment, care and services as allowed by law
- know the cost of your care and ways you may pay for your care
- refuse to take part in any research program devoid of limiting medical care or treatment.
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
- communicate to your medical provider your illness or complications
- question your medical provider about your illness or care
- respect care givers and other patients
- cancel or reschedule appointments
- pay your bills in a timely manner
- use your medications or medical devices
- inform the medical provider if you become worse
- notify the provider if you have an allergic or unexpected reaction to medication
- give written permission to release your other health records to Delta Health Center, Inc. when necessary
- provide DHC a copy of your living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare matters. If you have any questions, please tell your medical provider or the clinic manager.
As a patient of Delta Health Center, Inc., we invite you to become a partner in your health care. Contact the clinic of your choice to make an appointment and ensure that particular services are provided. Walk-ins are welcome.